Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Series! {Make a difference Monday!}

I am so so excited to announce a new series!

I'm a humongous fan of kindness. I love how happy it makes you, and how happy it makes the person you are serving. I love how it challenges us to reach outside of ourselves and notice the needs of others. I know that love and kindness describe the Savior perfectly. He was so humble and always serving.

I want to be better about serving others in small ways. It is super easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and become totally caught up in our huge to-do lists. I know I have been guilty of that and I want to stop! People are so much more important than a to-do list!

I also know that sometimes the world is just plain depressing! The news is full of sadness and life can be full of disappointment. But it only takes a small act of kindness to brighten someone's day, to give them hope, and to encourage them to keep going. I want to add to the light in the world!

 So that leads me to this new series! I now introduce you to...... make a difference monday.

My goal is that each week in 2016, I will post an idea for an act of kindness. There is a huge variety of ideas, all are under $5 and a ton are free! They won't take much time and they are sure to brighten someone's day!

If you decide to participate (which I'm really hoping you will!) then just post a picture with the hashtag #moorelightandkindness and/or tag me (@moorelightshine_blog) for a chance to be featured on my instagram and blog the following Monday!

Check back for the first challenge on Monday! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)