Saturday, October 8, 2016

foundation










man oh man life has a pretty spectacular way of throwing you curve balls.

from really big things that kind of knock the wind out of you to little things like your internet stops working literally every time you sit down to work at the computer.

these past few weeks have left me feeling so grateful for the foundation that i've chosen to build my life on.

a foundation that i built through diligent scripture study, hours of church, lots of 5 am mornings in order to get to seminary, prayer, service, trying to see the positive, and trusting my Savior.

a foundation that is built on Christ and his gospel.

a foundation that is never failing, a foundation that is always there for me, a foundation that never lets me fail.

even when life comes and gives you a slap in the face and throws things that you would have never seen coming, when everything seems uncertain, i know that the Savior always has my back.

no matter what happens in your life, if you center your life on the right foundation, you can be strengthened when you're weak and lifted when you're lower than ever before.

the knowledge of eternal families and temples and the atonement has carried me through this past few weeks and i'm not sure if i've ever been more grateful for the blessing of the gospel in my life.

" And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." (Helaman 5:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)