Monday, August 31, 2015

Increasing your Glow// Guest Post by Eden

Good Morning lovely readers! Nice to see you again! It's been awhile and a lot has happened since we last talked. School has started, I've been on a few adventures, and I leave bright and early each morning for seminary (which I love by the way...). But all of that can wait because for now I have a guest post from the lovely Eden! I'm super excited to have her over here today! I'll be posting over on her blog later this week so be ready for that too! Edens blog is wonderful so you should definitely go check it out! Now... a drum roll for Eden!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! My name is Eden. I'm the girl behind the blog We Are Worth Saving. I am super excited to be on Shelby's blog today. She's such an amazing writer, and she is so creative and fun! I am 15, a lover of food, and a can't-stop-smiling type of girl. Oh, and teenage bloggers ... UNITE! Shelby is writing a guest post for my blog, so stay tuned for that!

This is me, in the middle with the black shirt. If you're wondering, yes, we are in fact holding crawfish...yum!

So for this post I'll be writing about how we can increase our light. This post is sort of a part 2 to the post on my blog here. I definitely recommend giving it a read to gain a little back-story for this post.

As I was reading some articles online, I found a study that HuffPost did where they looked up various religions using Google autocomplete suggestions. I decided to conduct my own search so it would be more recent. This is what came up:


A lot of non-members of the LDS church have noticed something different about the appearance of Mormons. I was surprised by this, but apparently it's true. These are a couple of screenshots I found online:


This really interested me. There was even scientific studies that proved it. According to several general authorities, someone accompanied by the Holy Ghost glows. It's a SPIRITUAL attractiveness. So, in this post I will share some ways that you can increase your light.

The way to increase your light is to come closer to Christ. This quote perfectly tells you how; "Consecrating one's life to the Savior, Jesus Christ, increases one's light."

Image Source

So, how can we become more like Christ, and come closer to Him?

We can do it by developing our testimonies and having faith in Christ. Focusing on Him will bring us closer. The Lord said, "I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world." And guess what? We were created in the image of God. We have the Light of Christ in us, whether it be a small sliver or a bright, blinding light. Our divine worth is so amazing. Unfathomable. We can be bearers of this glorious light. Let the sunshine that is in your heart show in your face.

I am constantly trying to be more like Christ, but it is hard. Temptations arise, and there are a lot  of worldly things out there. Like when I get upset with my siblings, I have to remind myself that I'm not being Christ-like. For me, it is something I work on a lot. Even constantly.

Here are 10 traits of Jesus Christ, and some ways to work on them. I invite you to choose one and work on it. Maybe even use it as a Personal Progress experience!

1. Faithful. We can do this by keeping the commandments.
2. Forgiving. This includes ourselves as well as others. This can be one of the hardest for some people. Thankfully, I am downright awful at holding grudges. No joke. Even if I try.
3. Giving. Try to serve others everyday, even if it is just holding a door open or smiling at someone. It will most likely make their day.
4. Prayerful. Pray daily and give thanks. Really try to communicate with God. He is our Father and He loves us. He wants to listen.
5. Wise. Study the scriptures and be willing to learn.
6. Virtuous. I can't begin to express the amazing thing that virtue is. A virtuous woman's price is "far beyond rubies." It really does shine. Maybe evaluate the entertainment or music you listen to. For me, sometimes I stray from this and listen to music that probably isn't the best thing to be listening to. I'll say, "Oh, but it's catchy." But let me tell you, there are some amazing artists out there with catchy music that doesn't have curse words or suggestive lyrics.
7. Humble. Do His work, and trust in Him. Try not to be prideful.
8. Charitable. Try doing little acts of kindness, and share Christ's pure love.
9. Patient. I have trouble with this one the most I think. This includes others and with ourselves.
10. Obedient. Make good choices and follow His commandments.

Lastly, CHOOSE to be happy and you WILL shine. "Nothing is more beautiful, none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarge the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth."

James E. Faust said, "I see the light shining in your faces. That light comes from the Lord, and as you radiate that light, it will bless you and many others." Check out one of his amazing talks here!

Thanks again Shelby for letting me guest post on your blog! Come and check out some of my other posts on We Are Worth Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)