Friday, June 19, 2015

Girls Camp: Part 1// We are Beloved Daughters of God

wow guys, just wow.

Girls camp this year was amazing! I keep telling myself I'll write about it, but it was just so good I'm not sure I can put it into words. 

The camp we went too was pretty outdoorsy. It was SO hot and we got so many bug bites. There were only 2 showers so it was not a shower after every night kind of thing. We slept in tents and walked miles every day. We learned to rock 2nd day french braids and man basketball shorts were our best friends (because womens can be a little short). We were not looking top notch. 

But every girl there looked so pretty. 

I know it sounds extremely cheesy but they were all gorgeous because they were so kind and good. I felt honored to be surrounded by girls who loved everyone and were so nice and fun to be around. They loved Christ and they showed it in their actions and testimonies.

The moment I got back from camp. Messy hair, man shorts, bug bracelet and all. 

I absolutely loved the back of our camp shirts.

We are Beloved Daughters of God. 

How true that is and I feel privileged to wear that message on my back. I know our Heavenly Father loves us dearly and sent his son to die for us so that we can live with him again. I know we can't become perfected on our own, but our Heavenly Father loves us so dearly he provided a plan for us to become perfected through Christ. We have infinite worth and a divine purpose. If there is one thing I could tell every single person on earth it is that they are loved by an all knowing, powerful, loving Father in Heaven who wants the very best for them and will never leave them comfortless. This knowledge has carried me through every hardship I have ever faced and has brought me peace and joy in my darkest hours. 

I hope you all have a great day and never forget how special you really are!
-Shelby 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)