Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines day!

I love the idea of having a holiday that focuses on love. Love is the essence of becoming Christlike. Christlike love is one of the most desired traits that makes us shine the brightest.

I really hate how Valentines day has become more about who is dating who and are you single or dating and let me spend a bazillion dollars on candy and other things that will probably make you gain some weight and put a small dent in my finances.

Don't get me wrong. I understand these people are trying to show their love. I am just more of a fan of homemade valentines cards with a small dollar store gift and a cheesy pun,

But I mainly want to focus on one of my biggest pet peeves.
Have you ever been walking down the hallways and you see what seems like 50 bazillion couples hugging and saying goodbye with teary eyes? And then you check instagram on a Monday or Wednesday and see 100 million #mcm or #wcw?

Yeah. That slightly annoys me. It bothers me how much worth the world puts on if you are dating or not. And this is only in middle/high school! Really there is no need to date so early! That does not determine your worth!

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we don't believe in steady dating while you are in High School. We believe in getting to know a lot of different individuals so you can find out what you like and don't like in a person.

But some people get caught up in the whole lie that you are worthless if you aren't dating.

To those people who are dreading Valentines day because you are single-

You do have someone who loves you. The Savior is always there for you. No matter what. He loves you and that never changes.

I love this print from He & I blog:

 photo you are loved- he and I blog_zpsz96pmvvo.jpg

“Your Heavenly Father loves you…that love never changes. It is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities. It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there."

So if you are alone tonight, watch a funny romantic movie, eat some chocolate, maybe a little ice cream? Snuggle up in a cozy blanket. And go to bed happy.

Because there is someone that always loves you.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, and you are so right-- our worth is not determined by our relationship status or dating history. God's opinion is what matters, and He loves us with a perfect, unchanging love. Thank you for sharing! Happy Valentine's Day! <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)