Friday, February 27, 2015

10 happy things

I think I have been going through i-actually-had-to-go-to-school-after-a-week-of-snow-days depression. Not a thing? Ask any students you know.... its a thing;)

As I was scrolling through feedly, I noticed a post on Love Taza about 10 things that make her happy. I thought it would be a great idea and maybe help me get out of back-to-school-depression

(I'm also making it a goal to be a little more personable on my blog, trying to figure out a good balance, I want to record some of my life, but all this stranger danger stuff scares me to death! Any thoughts?)

{source} I love this quote


1.  I got to spend the afternoon hanging out with my favorite four year old and it was awesome. Like I totally recommend finding a four year old and spending a day with them because they are so much fun. She recently got signed up for a gymnastics class and it over the moon excited,she does 546 somersaults a day (maybe a slight exaggeration....) and got her first gymnastics outfit (is it a leotard or is that only for dance...hmm not sure haha) today and has been wearing it with an adorable grin on her face. She also loves to exercise by running up and down our side walk. Yep, she's pretty fun and I love her so much,

2.Church. What else is new? But seriously, church is awesome and I love being so inspired and uplifted and feeling my Savior's love.

3. New Beginnings. That was pretty awesome too. I am so excited for some new young women and all of them are so awesome! It was great to refocus on the values and what young womens is really about. And it was decorated so cute...I mean globes and cameras cute (can it get much cuter???;) So shout out to my awesome leaders and the amazing beehives that are coming in! You all are awesome!

4. Youth parties. They are awesome, I have no clue what I would do without the youth program and the awesome friends I have made through it!

5. My curling iron. (I would say straightener too, but lets just face it...my hair won't stay straight:) It  makes me feel so happy when I actually have time to fix my hair semi cute. I know that looks aren't important..it just makes me happy. (And can we all agree that this "beach waves" look is super cool because it allows you to wear 2nd day curls in style...) Also would anyone be interested in any hair tips?

6. Teaching Sunday school. It sounds like a chore, but I am super excited.

7. ITS THE WEEKEND! AHH I AM SO HAPPY!

8. The snow is finally melting, Spring please come!

9. Not having to wake up at the crack of dawn tomorrow

10. Laughing. I don't think I need to say much more....

Life is full of ups and downs, but I think we can always find joy, So the next time you are feeling down.. I challenge you to write some things down that make you happy. It really helps!

3 comments:

  1. I would be up for some hair tips :)
    Love your blog girl! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive attitude, and 4-year olds are totally the best! Thank you for sharing this happy post! :)

    Hugs!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea thanks for sharing!

    Halee

    haleesthoughts.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)