Friday, March 14, 2014

You Measure Up!



There is a lot I want to do in life. My bucket list is getting quite long... not to mention my list of hobbies to try & traits to develop. I want to become better at photography and eventually do it to learn a little money. I want to learn more about videography and become better at handlettering. I'd love to be a better blogger and I'd love to travel more. I wish I was a lot better at painting and playing the guitar. 

As I try to work on these things I love looking up tutorials and things that the pros have done to inspire me.


But sometimes you read a watch a video and the person who made it went to the coolest place and got the lighting just right and picked the perfect music and everyone in this perfect clear as day video with perfect colors looks so happy. And then you read a blog that posts every single. day, multiple times a day. Oh yeah, and every single picture they post is perfection. I'm so grateful and amazed at the hard work people do to put goodness out in the world. But sometimes I get a little discouraged because sometimes I go weeks without posting on my blog and even though I should be posting on my instagram daily.. I'm just not. Sometimes I have no clue what to film or photograph because I don't travel that much. 

These examples have to do with hobbies and skills, but I've felt this in so many areas of life! I think a lot of people struggle with it. We have to stop being so hard on ourselves! 

It has taken this person quite some time and a lot of hard work to get where they are. We don't ever know what exactly they've been through to get there. So let's cheer them on. 
You cant compare a babys skill to an adults. That's just not fair. Just because an adult can talk better than a baby can it doesnt mean the adult is better than the baby. We are all in different stages of life, the baby just needs more practice. Right now not all my pictures are crystal clear and the lighting is a bit funky in some of them. Right now I'm not the most dedicated blogger or instagrammer. But guess what? That is totally okay.

I know that one day, if those continue to be goals of mine, I will get there. And in the meantime I'm going to keep working and trying, but I'm going to have fun with it! I'm going to live my life happily and doing what I want to do instead of comparing myself to others. Because you know what? I measure up, you measure up, we all measure up

And if I'm being totally honest- we shouldn't even be measuring ourselves! The only person you should measure is your present self to your old self and try to grow a little.

So tell yourself right now:

I am amazing and wonderful and Heavenly Father is proud of me. I'm doing my best and that's all I can do, but as I keep trying and failing I WILL REACH THAT GOAL. I won't give up and I won't stop because I can do it


Wherever you are in life, dont feel bad about not being perfect. Dont worry about being as amazing as the seemingly perfect (even though I promise you they arent) person you admire. Because Heavenly Father is proud of you this very minute. He loves you and he appreciates every good, tiny thing you do. He knows that you are trying SO hard and you often get frustrated, but he wants you to keep going. He wants you to know that you are enough! He wants you to know that no matter what you do you will always be enough for him!

 He wants you to know that you measure up.



1 comment:

  1. I can't even describe how much I needed this post. With all the stresses in my life I haven't been able to post on my blog as much and I was really beating myself up about it. Then, I read this post you wrote and it reminded me of what is really important. I've thought about it all week and it has brought me so much comfort and peace. Thank you so much!

    Hugs!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)