Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Double Digits Gift Idea

Wow! Things have been busy around here! Within the last month we have had two, no three, birthdays! Not to mention band concerts and our wards Night in Bethlehem (which by the way, was really cool).
Before I start the "real" post I have a few things I want to say....
 This is seriously my favorite time of the year! I love Christmas and the sweet spirit it brings! I also love getting to spend so much time with friends and family! I may not be able to psot as much, but I promise I will not forget about the blog! Please excuse any lack of posts!
I also really want to redo my blog design so I am really sorry if at times it looks really messed up or I don't post for a while. If you have seen (or written) any easy tutorials please leave a comment with a link- I would be happy to feature one you wrote! You can also email me at littlelightofmineblog@yahoo.com.
Even though I have been super busy I have collected so many post ideas that I can't wait to share! So please stay tuned!

Okay- thanks for listening- now on to the real post!
...................................................................................................................................................................

 Recently my younger brother turned 10! He is such a sweet boy and I want to give him a little shout out on here. I love you! 
Well, anyway, 10 is kind of a big birthday. I remember my 10th birthday- I felt so cool- I mean I was turning double digits! I was a big kid now :)
When I was thinking about what I wanted to get him, I knew I wanted to focus on the theme double digits since it was such a big deal to me when I was younger. So I decided I would get him a few small presents, but 2 of each!

I included: 
  • 2 packs of Double Bubble Orange Crush Gum
  • 2 Snickers Bars (His favorite candy bar)
  • 2 packs of Beef Jerkey
  • 2 miniature Farmall tractors (We live out on a farm and he has fixed up one or two Farmall Tractors with my Dad)
To finish it up I wrapped each in tissue paper and put them in a basket. On the basket I folded a piece of paper in half and wrote: Turning 10? Double Digits! And taped 2 dollar bill to the bottom. It wasn't super cute or fancy, but I liked the way it turned out.

I found that candy (or any other food) was a super easy to include and the dollar store was a great place to find cheaper gifts. My other best friend was Target's Dollar Spot, but I think that's always my best friend haha:)

Some other ideas to include: (Remember- 2 of everything!)
  • Small notebook
  • Pencils
  • Colored pens
  • Packs of stickers
  • Sticky Notes
  • Hair Accessories
  • Headbands
  • Chap Stick/ Lip Gloss
  • Anything from the Target Dollar Section
  • Bouncy Balls
  • Doll Clothes
  • Candy
  • Mini Bags of Chips
  • Snacks
  • Wind up toys
  • Small mini toys
  • Books

There are so many ideas! Do you have any suggestions? Please leave a comment!
I hope you have a great night!
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)