Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Courage Quote

I thought I was finished posting on courage (you can see my  other posts here and here), but then I remembered this quote from the Princess Diaries (an awesome movie!) So I thought I would end with a great quote and a free printable/screensaver.
I little background info:
That night she is supposed to go to a big ball and announce whether she will be Genovia's Princess or not. She has no clue if what to do, so she is planning to run away. As she is packing her diary (that her father gave her) a letter falls out. In it it says:
 
"Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
 
I think this is so true! I am sure that Esther was scared when she went to the King, but she decided that saving her people was more important. Nephi must have been scared to go and get the plates, but he decided that his people's records and the prophet's words were more important than his fear. Samuel the Laminite must have been scared that he could be killed by the Nephites, but he decided that spreading God's word was more important.
 

We must decide that choosing the right is more important than being scared of ridicule. We must decide that sharing the gospel is more important than our fear of rejection. We have to decide that standing up is more important than our fear of falling.

-Shelby
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)