Saturday, October 19, 2013

This Little Light of Mine

Welcome to my blog! My name is Shelby and I am a teenager from Kentucky. I am a Mormon, I live it,  and I love it! I started a blog for a Personal Progress Value Project. Personal Progress is a program for girls that encourages them to be their best and grow closer to their Father in Heaven. It focuses on 8 values: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. For each value we complete several requirements and then complete a ten hour project. This is my 10 hour project for knowledge. I hope to be able to share my knowledge with others and to gain some knowledge myself. Why a blog? About a year ago I started to love reading blogs, I especially loved gospel and crafting/organizing blogs. I loved (and still do love) how they inspired me. I would read them and then think I could totally do that, or I would read a post and gain an insight on the scriptures that I had never thought of, an insight that changed my perspective. A little later in the year a young woman at church did a blog for a value project, as I read hers I was so inspired, I loved it! I knew that I wanted to try starting a blog. I kept working on my personal progress, but I could not get the idea of a blog out of my head! I was looking over my personal progress and I realized that I was almost done with the value Knowledge. All I needed was a few more experiences and a project. So I few weeks later and here I am. Lastly, I want to explain the name. One day we were driving to church and listening to gospel music. I was thinking about starting a blog and suddenly I started listening to the song. They were singing This Little Light of Mine, I'm gonna let it shine..... I had just asked my mom for blog name suggestions- and this was perfect! I hope when reading this blog you are inspired to let your light shine.

1 comment:

  1. Off to a great start Shelby! I love the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)