Monday, December 8, 2014

Explanations

I'm sorry.

I have really dropped the ball the past few months.

I missed a lot of important things I "should" have blogged about.

Like how much I loved conference.

Or how much I love temple trips and the youth program.

About how thankful I am for all my Father in Heaven has blessed me with.

And a lot of other things that have left my mind right now.

But I haven't been lazy.

I've been writing on another blog. A few months ago I felt very inspired to start recording my families life. I had been reading a few journal type blogs and I loved them! I really wanted this type of memory keeper for my life. I am a terrible journal keeper for a few reasons but mainly because I make it exhausting- I want to write like 3 pages and then my hand cramps and I get frustrated. I realized why- I had been trying to use so many words because I didn't have photos to help me tell the story.

So I started. I made a blog and started writing. And uploading photos. And writing some more. And teaching my younger sister to upload photos so I don't spend 40 bazillion hours on the computer. And I am loving it.

I  always felt so much guilt when I heard commandments to journal or quotes like this:

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. There may be a flash of illumination here and a story of faithfulness there. … Your story should be written now while it is fresh and while the true details are available. … What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved? Some of what you write may be humdrum dates and places, but there will also be rich passages that will be quoted by your posterity. … Get a notebook, a journal that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity. Begin today and write in it your going and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements, and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events. … This is what the Lord has commanded and those who keep a personal journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance their daily lives.” (New Era, Oct. 1975)

And now I don't feel as bad.

I hope that one day I might be able to inspire someone in some way through the everyday happenings around me and through my thoughts.

If you are wondering if this blog is done....

The answer is no. This blog is most definitely still "alive." I just might not post as regularly as I had planned. Some day I might combine the 2- who knows? My priorities have just shifted and while I would love to write a post for both each day that is simply out of the question. I don't have enough time because of school and homework and I really want to spend time with my family.

In conjunction with this change I have also switched to trying to photograph life more. My family more. And I love it! Seriously you should try it. Get your camera out a little more.

I have at least one post scheduled for this week and I have some other ideas that I really want to write about. So we'll see.

Hope you are having a great day!
-Shelby
PS: Isn't life just beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)