Friday, July 11, 2014

Guest Post: After all that We can Do

Hi guys! I'm so excited to introduce you to one of the sweet young women in my ward. I love this girl so much! She has such an amazing testimony and is such a great example! She's amazing!😊
------------------------------------------------
Hey, everyone! My name is Natalie and I am so excited to write this post for all of you! I am not the best about remembering to write on my own blog,(southernmormongirl.blogspot.com) but I love reading the sweet posts of my dear friend Shelby!

Today I have decided to talk about my very best friend, biggest supporter, and greatest role model. I have always known who He is, but lately I have truly come to know Him. 
I have a feeling you might know who it is, but I will show you a picture anyway.



Yes. Jesus Christ is my best friend. 
My absolute, most wonderful, very best friend in the entire universe,
Why, you might ask? 

I can't even begin to tell you a part of how I feel. But I will try.

I am sure many of you have heard of grace. The Bible Dictionary calls grace an "enabling power." It is given to us by Jesus Christ along every step of our journey.
There is a commonly quoted scripture in the Book of Mormon about grace.  In fact, it is one of my favorite seminary scripture mastery verses.

2 Nephi 25:23:
"..for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do."

To many people, "after all we can do" is a very intimidating phrase.
It used to intimidate me too. But recently I listened to an AMAZING talk by Brad Wilcox. 
It changed my views completely.

Here is the link. I plead with you to watch it. It may just change your life.

One of the main focuses of this talk is that "after all WE can do" is perhaps not a reference to "we" as people, 
but rather a reference to "we" as each of us with Jesus Christ.

We are blessed with enabling power as we work with the Savior to do all that we can together.

We are never alone on this mortal journey. We always have the Savior, Jesus Christ right by our side.

We are imperfect human beings. 
He knows that.
But he LOVES us anyway.
And not just in the way that we may love ice cream or Disney movies.
He loves with an infinite, everlasting, perfect and complete love.

Because He loves us, He chose to atone for our pains, sicknesses, weaknesses, and sins.
He knows exactly what we are going through and He knows how to help.
Our Savior died for us, but He also lives for us.
Every. Single. Day.
 
What more could we ask for?
What better best friend could we have than one who willingly loves us and walks by our side no matter what?

I love my Savior more than I could ever put into words. He is real to me. I hope and pray that he can be real to you too.

-Natalie :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)