Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Years Resolutions: 12 Times Better!

Typical New Years Resolutions are: 1)Lose Weight 2)Have an organized life 3)Eat Healthy
  
These are great goals in all, but I don't like them. Why? They are so generic and....perfect. Having an organized life is such a huge goal- it is way to overwhelming! It is nearly impossible to have a completely organized life and to eat healthy every single day.
So you have made these perfect goals. For the first week or two of January you 1)Exercise daily for an hour 2) Put everything exactly where it goes and fill out your planner daily 3) Don't eat any fast food. Yay!
A few months (or even weeks) later you are: 1) Exercising whenever you feel like it 2)You have no clue what your kitchen table looks like because it is so cluttered 3) Thinking, "Wait a minute, I have a planner?!" 4) Eat fast food 3 times a week
Your New Years Resolutions are down the drain and you have benefited nothing. You haven't improved.
 
I am sick and tired of setting resolutions that never happen. So I have a new idea on setting them. I call it...(Drumroll please!)
 
 
 
12x Better! Okay, what is my idea on setting New Years Resolutions? How does it work? Each month you choose a habit you want to develop. Studies have shown that it can take as little as 18 days to form a habit (usually more, it depends on the size of your habit). A month is around 30 days. Each day you have to do your habit. You have three days off. It can be anything from reading a chapter of the Book of Mormon each day, to putting on lotion right when you wake up. At the end of the year you should have 12 wonderful habits. You will be 12 times better!
 
As an added bonus I will (do my best) to post a monthly calendar at the beginning of each month. I love charts and tables and lists, so I will be using mine to shade in each day I complete my goal.



Email me at littlelightofmineblog@yahoo.com for a copy. I will be happy to customize!
 Please comment if you are going to take the challenge!
 
I hope you have a wonderful, amazing, happy night!
 
-Shelby

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Shelby, you inspire me so much! Why do you have to be so wonderful? :) I love love love your blog and it makes me so happy to see all the marvelous things you create and share. One of my goals this year is to write on my blog more..I wish I could be as good about it as you! I hope you have an amazing day! Love you gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your blog totally inspired me to start mine! Your comment made my day! I think you are so amazing!! Have a great day!
      -Shelby

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome! I am going to try really hard to take this challenge! I love the idea of breaking it down into 12 different steps so it isn't overwhelming!

    Happy New Year! Here's to 12x better!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thank you so much for commenting on my blog all the time! I am terrible about commenting and I really want to improve on that! Your comments always make my day a little bit happier!
      -Shelby

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Pretty please with a cherry on top :)